Water is essential to life. We can go days without food if necessary, but water is something we cannot live without for long. You know how important water can be to keeping your body hydrated; ideally you should drink about 64 oz., or 8 cups of water, per day.
But, what if you’re just not a ‘water person’? You may not particularly be into walking around with a bottle of water in your hand all day long. Especially in the warmer months, how do you keep yourself from a rabid thirst? If you don’t drink water or get enough fluids, that’s what will happen.
Here are some creative ways to stay hydrated when you don’t like water.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. These are loaded with water; especially things like lettuce, watermelon, cucumbers, berries.
- Try juicing. This may not be for everyone, but if you haven’t thought of it up til now, you may want to give it a try. By liquefying vegetables and fruits they are better absorbed into your body quickly.
- Drink coconut water. You can find this in any supermarket. Coconut water is a great way to add water to your system. That’s because it has electrolytes which restore fluid balance.
- Enjoy herbal teas, warm and cold. There are so many varieties you’ll have trouble choosing just one. Make sure they are without caffeine. Herbal teas are wonderful any time of the day or night.
- Have you tried infused water drinks? These are a great alternative to soda and you can make them yourself. Strawberry, lemon and basil or orange and blueberry; just to name two among dozens of combinations. They are the best way to drink water when you don’t like it.
- Eat more soup. Often overlooked, soups are a terrific way to introduce more water into your diet.
Try these creative ways to increase your fluid consumption, and you will keep hydrated. Your body will thank you for it.