June 8, 2016
Choosing a seniors home can be a difficult task for any family. There are many points to consider when reviewing options including quality of life, standards of care, location factors and cost and value. Meeting the needs of care for your loved one, defining quality of life and how that can be fulfilled in a residential care or retirement home are additional considerations. You can be assured that living at the Hamlets at Cedarwood Station in Airdrie, Alberta takes the worry out of senior retirement living.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing seniors home location:
- As you arrive at the facility, do you like the location and it’s appearance?
- Entering the facility and touring the lobby, do you feel the décor is warm and home like?
- Are there exterior spaces available for the residents such as outdoor verandas or patios to use?
- Is the location convenient for family and friends to visit? What are visiting hours?
- Are there outings and activities scheduled for residents?
Quality independent living services for seniors should truly feel like home, allowing the resident independence and comfort in their environment. Location is an important factor to consider
as it can affect how often the patient is visited by family and friends. Frequent visits are important for a patient’s mental and emotional well being. As well, being in close proximity to the resident can alleviate stressors for family members should a problem arise.
The Hamlets at Cedarwood Station is one of the finest independent communities in the Airdrie area, serving families from Alberta and Calgary. The health and happiness of our residents through services that are individualized to their own needs and experiences is what our independent living community is all about.