You’re getting closer and closer to the big day – you’re ready to move into H & H Cedarwood and become part of our assisted living community. No matter if you’re coming from Airdrie or Calgary itself, you want to make sure you’ve got everything you need before you arrive. So here’s a checklist of things you’ll want to remember.
- Bed – make sure that your bed will fit into your new room. Check the room layouts to be sure.
- Furniture – aside from the bed, what will you need to feel comfortable? How many rooms do you need furniture for? Remember that you’re downsizing, so you may have to get rid of some of your furniture to fit into this new space.
- Clothing – this is obvious, but you may also want to downsize here as well. Also, limit the number of dry clean only items you bring.
- Housewares – every one of our floor plans includes a kitchenette, so you’ll want to make sure you have enough pots, pans, plates, and cutlery to let you prepare whatever you love to cook.
- Safe – now this is something you may not have thought about, but you might want to have a small safe to keep your valuables and valuable documents in.
- Entertainment – you can’t be busy with our activities every day, so you might want to sit down and enjoy the TV or computer, or just listen to some music.
- Toiletries – you can’t forget your toothbrush, can you?
- Medication – can’t forget this either.
- Photos – do you have albums or scrapbooks full of memories? Make sure those come along as well.
- Cleaning Supplies – Although we offer once a week housekeeping, you may want supplies to keep your kitchenette sparkling every day.
Moving into assisted living is a big change, but if you’re prepared, moving day will be stress free.